Monday 11 January 2010

My first challenge EVER


This is my first attempt at a challenge and as I loved the colours I decided to give it a go. I started with the dark turquoise card from my stash, grabbed a corner punch (which coincidentally turned out to be Dovecraft corner punch Daisy) - a good omen methinks! I then went to my Basic Grey Offbeat pad and thought that this paper matched the carpet/rug on the illustration. It seemed too dark against the deep turquoise so I found the pale turquoise and trimmed this with my EK success scalloped edger punch (not very clear on the photo sorry - especially as I covered most of it up with the daisy trim which I found nestling in my ribbon box. This still didn't look right so I added a white background which seemed to set it all off a bit better. Finally I used Sugar Nellie Daisy stamp which I coloured using Le Plume pens. The final touches were flowers and brads from my stash. I really enjoyed this challenge and look forward to more in the future.

I am so glad that the snow was so bad this weekend that I didn't want to go out at all and it enabled me to find the time to create this card which although is far from perfect, it has put me on the first rung of the ladder. After all, practice makes perfect and over time I'm hopefully going to improve on my techniques. Any constructive criticism would be most useful. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, gorgeous card, great choice of papers and love that gorgeous Daisy. Congrats on your first ever challenge card.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is beautiful. I love the image and the colours you have chosen
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete