Sunday 7 February 2010

Sugar Nellie Challenge


Hi, not sure why this is called a "challenge" as when using Sugar Nellie stamps it is anything but!! I Just adore Sugar Nellie stamps and find that it some cases (as this card shows) that it isn't always necessary to use a lot of colouring as the images are so perfect in themselves.

I used the gorgeous Manga Boy and Girl and colouring them with a combination of Silver Gel pen and Marva La plume pens. I used some adhesive lace from Lakeland as I have rather a lot and want to use it up wherever possible as it has been in my craft stash for far too long now. The black(it may look brown on the photo so sorry about that) floral and swirl paper with diasies is from Papermania Ivory Black collection. The white daisy flower and brad are from my stash as is the sentiment stamp the two small daisies along side it are peg stamps which I have recently got into using.

I really enjoyed making this card and also accidentally stumbled across a "top tip" when clearing up. I usually use liquid soap and water to clean my stamps but used liquid handwash by mistake - oh so much better than liquid soap as it also brought off dried on black in from the acrylic block.

3 comments:

  1. Another great card -and thanks for the tip re washing the stamps
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Thanks for entering my blog candy. Good luck, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new blog, love your creations. Your latest card is fab, love how you've cropped the images and arranged them.
    Fab work,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete